My name is Karen Copeland. I was the Broker and Owner of Affinity Real Estate Group in Maryland. After 26 years in Real Estate I retired and moved to North Carolina. I am now embarking on a full-time career in blogging. I want to share with you ALL that I learned as a practicing Realtor, Associate Broker, and Broker/Owner.
This blog is for prospective Sellers and Buyers who have questions about Residential Real Estate. I also aspire to be a resource for other Real Estate Agents…both new and seasoned.
When I started my Real Estate career in 1991 there weren’t a lot of resources to teach you the real estate business. My hope is this blog will assist those pursuing a career in Real Estate as well as those looking to sell and/or purchase residential real estate.
Below are a few personal things about me:
- I am a Veteran of the US Army
- I’m married to my Best Friend, Carl…22 years and counting
- I like to experiment in the kitchen…sometimes good comes of this…sometimes NOT
- I am a Work-in-Progress
- I don’t like crowds
- I LOVE dogs…specifically the Shih Tzu breed
- Our first Shih Tzu Bear lived for 14 years
- We have a 1 year old Shih Tzu named Titan…he is spoiled rotten
- I’ve been told I’m opinionated…whatever
- I have so much chin hair now that my doctor says I’m turning into a man…Ugh!
- I’m impatient…very
- I’m an extrovert until you put a camera or video in my face
- Jesus Christ is My Lord & Savior
- I can’t carry a tune but that doesn’t stop me from singing and praising God at the top of my lungs
- My husband says I’m honest to the point of being a little critical…sometimes
- Did I mention I’m a Work-in-Progress
- I watch a video and think I can do that…cutting my own hair; grooming the dog; starting a blog 🙂 Let’s just say there’s a LOT of laughter in our household
Thank you for taking the time to read my About page. I hope to get to know each of you as well.